Wednesday, 26 August 2015

Year to date

As the latest entries in my old blog available on the Internet Archive cut off around the turn of the year, what have I been up to from Christmas until now?

Through most of the year so far I've been working on the batch of 23 Swordmasters I started painting back in November. I've also spent a fair bit of time clipping out, cleaning up and assembling some of my stockpile of models to try and expand the units I have available to me for games.

Despite the (as it turned out accurate) rumours of what was to come with Age of Sigmar, I've still been buying models and components to round out units or plug gaps in the collection. With all the turmoil at the moment I've been keeping an eye out on ebay for any bargains to ease the pain of finishing off an army that I may not be able to use in a few months for Warhammer. (Note to self - must stop looking at dragons. I have three already...)

Some work in progress shots so far this year

The batch of 23 Swordmasters

Assembled White Lions

Assembled Sisters of Avelorn
Work in progress on my second dragon - unfortunately made the hole for my pin for the left wing in slightly the wrong position and ended up having to enlarge the hole

My free Stormcast Eternal Liberator.  Despite having primed him with the Rhinox Hide spray I'm now wishing I hadn't made the rookie mistake of gluing him to the base before painting him as I'm now quite fancying doing a black base armour and need to re-spray

No comments:

Post a Comment