Sunday 11 October 2015

Painting Progress - October 2015

Gaming

As I didn't get round to doing my last planned blog you won't be aware that after what felt like an eternity I finally managed to get one game in with each of the double dragon lists I had been considering taking to Raze and Ruin.

While I felt I learned a couple of things from the first game where I was using double Star Dragon, I wasn't sure how applicable it would be as my opponent was using what I'd consider to be a somewhat atypical Chaos Legions list, being all Khorne Warriors barring two Skull Cannons (although admittedly it was the list that my opponent was planning to use at the event).

The second game was against one of my regular (in fact as things stand following the Age of Sigmar debacle, pretty much my only) Warhammer Fantasy opponent at Leicester SQUIG.  This was also a Chaos Legions list, although again atypical in that it combined Warriors and Skaven. My list for that game was the double Moon Dragon list (that also managed to squeeze in a Level 3 Archmage for some magic protection).  I didn't really learn an awful lot about this game that I didn't already know - not helped by my Archmage miscasting in the first turn and losing all his magic levels (although through a combination of low dice rolls by my opponent and double-six'ing dispel rolls I managed to shut down his magic phases until the point where I could kill his Grey Seer).  That said, it was funny (for me) when his unkillable Tzeentch Chaos Lord's unit finally fluffed their break test and ran off only to be run down by the now riderless Moon Dragon who was still locked in the challenge that had seen his rider killed off.

Painting


Sample of Dragon Prince torso progress
As you can see, I'm still plugging away on my Dragon Princes, with the initial base coats now done on nearly all of them, although the urgency has dropped off as it became clear that I wasn't going to get them ready for Raze and Ruin and I had to tell Sandy I'd be using a variant of my Blood and Glory list from 2014.

Speaking of Blood and Glory, I had been planning to go to this year's event since last year's but with it being all Age of Sigmar I'd been wavering on whether I wanted to go, bearing in mind I've still not played more than one game of it, and I've recently had a big bill that means I don't have the money for it anyway.  It's disappointing given that I've been to both previous events but to be honest I'm struggling to get enthused about AoS and have doubts about how much I'd have enjoyed the gaming anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment